Friday 5 February 2010

When is a post not a post...........

Post 1:

I was initially going to publish (ooh get me, publishing lol) I mean “put up on this ere site” a very short post along the lines of..... I was going to post tonight as I really fancied it but don’t feel particularly inspired or artistic? (as if) so I probably wont......... and leave it at that, but...

Post 2:

Whenever I post anything I like to find an accompanying image, quite often not something that could be associated immediately with the post title or content, but if you dig deep enough there invariably IS a link, somewhere, sometimes incredibly obvious, more often than not rather bizarre and abstract but it’s always there.

So I sought to find an image to accompany my very brief and incredibly short post that said.... “I was going to post tonight as I really fancied it but don’t feel particularly inspired or artistic? (as if) so I probably wont”..... as that is what I had planned for my original short and very brief post.

Post 3:

My search criteria for said image was indifference, it seemed appropriate, given the vagueness and lack of inspiration or artistic? (as if) foundation that the post was built on, so I typed in said word (indifference) and ploughed through the images that I was presented with. I often look for pages and ages (yes I know what I said there and no it wasn’t a typo) to find a “suitable” image, however, due to my lackadaisical approach to the post and planned briefness and even indifference, I didn’t do that this time, preferring to settle for a 2 page limit, you cant beat a 2 page limit, especially when you are feeling indifferent or lackadaisical.

Post 4:

Its not actually post 4, just like the previous three haven’t been post’s 1 2 and 3, I don’t know why I said it, I’m sorry, I think it was an indifference thing going on, it really is just one post, I wont pretend otherwise.....

Anyway, I looked for a suitable “indifferent” image and found this one first ...................................................

The image appeared before the one I actually used and I was very tempted to use it, as the "lead image" not only for its title “deliberate indifference” I mean indifference itself is good (for a post like this) but deliberate indifference, well, that’s even better surely, but also because the image itself, with the shadows etc is very good, it works, on many levels, but I didn’t, use it I mean, but then you know that, you have seen the one I did.

Post 5: aka final post, last post, il endo (sorry, watching The Godfather as I write this lol)...(although that probably sounds more Hispanic than Italian, but then I was never good at languages at school, struggle with English to be honest, innit)

Anyroad up, the image I plumped on was the one you see, like it or loathe it matters not to me, its there for reasons I can’t explain, its an image that’s embedded, an image ingrained, if the image you see, is one you like, well, that’s good then isn’t it.

Post 6: (I lied, 5 wasn’t the last one)

I normally spoil you with links and further information about things included or mentioned within a post, but not this time, if you want to know more about Frank Wu (I know I do, actually, I do already, well it was inevitable that I was going to look wasn’t it, I’m just choosing not to share on this occasion, I know, horrid aren’t I lol) or about Chris Wehner, then I suggest you go find out and if you can be bothered feedback to me, if not, well, its not important in the grand scheme of things is it lol, now leave me in peace to watch my film, thank you.

I havent forgotten I said I would revisit an old topic soon either, patience..............

No comments:

Post a Comment