Wednesday 9 September 2009

Cables

Not in their own right a particurlarly rivetting subject (unlike rivets obviously) but they do play a purpose, more importanlty they have the potential to cause much hassle!

It was a lovely day (dry and VERY warm) so I thought I would go for a ride (had to pick some bits up in town and see a good friend) on my trusty steed, I say trusty, but I actually mean untrusted, as in I couldn't even trust it to get me home!

Anyway, to cut a long story short (I hear screams of please do) my throttle cable snapped, so there I am, side of the road, in gloves thick jacket and a crash helmet, stuck with a lump of metal I COULD push but given how it was so bloomin hot I decided not to. I thought to myself "I will ring the nice RAC man/woman (not wishing to be sexist)..(also I better add that other breakdown/recovery organisations do exist)..(I don't want to be seen to be showing favouritism lol)... I haven't managed to cut a long story short yet have I, bear with me....... anyway, he turns up, manages to "bodge" (its a technical term for making do) a new cable into place so I can at least get home, in theory a great idea, in reality it meant I had about quarter throttle (imagine putting the accelerator pedal in your car down just a tiny bit and trying to get anywhere at any speed) so my journey home was rather slow tedious and annoying, still, least I got home lol

No comments:

Post a Comment