Monday 5 October 2009

"99" Its got a flake in it innit






Before I start I should add that “normal service” has not yet resumed but I couldn’t resist the urge to post a quick one (so have sneaked onto a different computer in order to access blogger etc, see last post.. LINK..) … (alas I’m not sure when my next one will be)….. GRRRRR








Anyway, no but I have some curd (sorry, couldn’t resist)… this here post (I shall forget my last post and its associated anxieties for now)

I was thinking today (it really hurt) and I recalled how much I love ice cream, with that in mind I thought I would do a short but sweet (as in sugary) post about ice cream, in particular the good old flake bejewelled 99.

Before starting my post (like many I do) I thought I would look for an appropriate (mildly amusing/linked pic) and I found that one ^^^^^^ up there. This caused a problem, instead of talking about my intended subject I know feel impelled to ask….

What is that all about?

Why?

After finding the image I did some more digging (no not night gardening) and discovered its not a promotional gimmick for flake (or 99 ice creams) as I first thought and would have found more comfortable in an accepting type way but its something that was worn at Ascot. The well known equestrian event (I say equestrian event, its actually a gathering of small men in bright colours whipping horses for pleasure) where on ladies day everyone tries to outdo each other with their dress/hats, well, I’m guessing the lady in the picture won…………………

I would dearly love to expand more on this post, it opens itself to all sorts of further questions and comments, noticeably horse racing, fashion and bloomin stupid hats, but I cant (you can) no Orville I cant, I must go…………



Some section of this post will be revisited at some time (maybe 10 past 10) but probably not, but at some time in the future (possibly) who knows...........

No comments:

Post a Comment