Thursday 29 October 2009

What time is it?


This will be another short post, not a long post, not a detailed post, a succinct and to the point post, partly as I’m tired, partly as I have an abscess in my jaw and most importantly because the content of the post does not require many words to cover it.


I know the tiredness and abscess have nothing to do with the length of a post, I was just trying to embellish things a bit, as I said, its going to be a short post anyway so I thought a little bit of padding wouldn’t hurt.


In fact padding by its very nature is there to provide a cushioning or degree of protection so hurting is the last thing padding should do, isnt it?

Right, the point of the post, is the sharp bit on the top I often (always) like to put a pic up with my posts,
sometimes relevant, usually not (maybe in an abstract way) and when there is a picture I may (but not always) make comment about or towards it, in itself fine and not a problem.

The potential difficulty lies in the type of comment/picture mix and what others may deduce from or read into it.

For example a few posts ago I made comment about possibly posting at ten past ten (or not posting then)…(bear with me its going somewhere) and this comment accompanied a picture of a clock displaying said time, it was not meant as a “please return at ten past ten to see the latest post” type comment, it was purely said in jest and to link in to the time on the clock in the pic.

I may well post (one day) at ten past ten, after all I have two chances a day of doing so and one day, just one day, it may be that time when I post (I’m going to be conscious of it now lol) but for anyone that read said post and returned at ten past ten hoping to see another, I apologise for any confusion or disappointment (unlikely lol) that resulted from me misleading you about the time of the next post.

I am tempted to mark this post as a “one to be revisited” one and place it in the corresponding section over there on the left. I think there is a lot more mileage in the posting at certain times/set times aspect, however, the trouble with marking it as such is that I will have to include said clock pic that declares it is ten past ten (to denote the post will be revisited in the future) and that could bring me full circle and leave me having to apologise again.

I tell you what I will do, I will revisit this (and include the clock pic, as demz da roolz) but I will warn the reader that it doesn’t necessarily mean I will be posting again at ten past ten, the next post might not be for months (is that a hooray I hear in the distance) or it may be within hours (that was a definitely a groan) but it WONT be at ten past ten, not the next one anyway, after that who knows, I don’t, that’s why I’m going now, more painkillers needed I think :-)



Some section of this post will be revisited at some time (maybe 10 past 10) but probably not, but at some time in the future (possibly) who knows........

No comments:

Post a Comment