Wednesday 7 October 2009

Inappropriate Titles

Inappropriate Titles



Like that one up there, its inappropriate as it repeats the title of the post, actually that's not true, its unnecessary more than its inappropriate.


What I want to talk about is inappropriate titles as opposed to unnecessary ones, so I will.........





So, no I don't actually, never been good with a needle, but thanks for your concern.
So, this inappropriate titles nonsense, when I say inappropriate titles, I'm not referring to blog titles, or even the titles of the post contained within them there blogs, I'm sure there are many many examples of that scattered around the web (and probably this blog) but I'm not going to cover that now, that can go on the list of "other" stuff that I stumble across when posting and want to re visit at some point, thinking about it I may even get all technical (as if lol) and try to incorporate said list into my blog so that I can work through it and not forget things, hmmmm, something else to think about now.

Anyway this inappropriate titles business, what I'm actually talking about is the titles that are given to certain situations, for example (and the only one I will mention)....(for now)....(until my fancy "points to re visit" gizmo is functioning lol) is the title given to heavy rain, you know the sort of weather when it could be said that it is thoroughly persisting down, that sort of rain.

Its often (lovingly?) referred to as driving rain, I can understand the reasons why and I have no issue with that in itself, what I do find a bit odd is the connection to driving, the term "driving rain" almost suggests its the sort of rain that is "ideal for driving in"..........

WRONG

Very wrong, its NOT ideal for driving in, its bloomin awful for driving in, especially today.

I had planned (optimistically it transpires) to have an early (ish) finish today, I was hoping to be home by 16.30 and able to chill out and kill some German soldiers that have had a touch of the occult sprinkled on them (this might explain it better Wolfenstein) all in the name of harmless fun I hasten to add.

But no, it didn't happen, in the end (after being on my way home at 16.15) I got a call and had to go and "deal" with something that really had to be dealt with, I'm glad I did and it left a good feeling but it meant that I was ultimately driving home over 2 hours later (middle of rush hour) in the driving? rain, as I said earlier, it is certainly not rain for driving in.

ADDENDUM (been dying to use that word lol)

The problems I had accessing anything google related (including my blog) are still present but for some reason it let me access it tonight so I took full advantage and posted more drivel, the next lot will hopefully not be too many days away (or hopefully depending on your personal take on reading another's inane ramblings lol)



Some section of this post will be revisited at some time (maybe 10 past 10) but probably not, but at some time in the future (possibly) who knows...........

No comments:

Post a Comment