Thursday 8 October 2009

How many animals?



I was talking to someone the other day, its ok, I knew them, I wasn't just spouting drivel and nonsense to a stranger (thats what this blog is for lol) and we started talking about animals, anyway, to cut a long story short (not like me I know) the subject of owning 2 dogs came up (him not me)...(as in he has two dogs I dont) and it got me thinking, well remoombering actually.

Back in 1995 (when I was a mere slip of a lad).....(well, 27 lol) a “new” alcoholic beverage appeared on the shelves of my local purveyor of said alcoholic beverages (the off licence) it was a lemon flavoured drink (I love anything lemony) ….. (there's a definite future post there, it can go in my new fangled things to cover box on the left) and it was a joy to drink as I remember.

I had forgotten all about Two Dogs (and its rival at the time Hooch) the latter being more popular as I recall and outlasting the former (although I always preferred Two Dogs to Hooch)

Fast forward nearly 15 years and “alcopops” as they are lovingly referred to are a multi billion pound industry in their own right with over 150 varieties (A-Z list Link) for those that cant sleep and need something to read lol)

I'm not going to go into the whole alcohol thing now (I may do at some point but its a huge area and deserves not only its own post but a week of posts if not longer, or even its own blog) but I will say that since the birth of the alcopop, societies woes and problems with yoof “excess” drinking and its associated behaviours appears to show a correlation, I'm not basing that on anything scientific, just my own observations, or perhaps I'm just being a moany old git lol.

Right, time for a nice warm milky drink before bed :-)



Some section of this post will be revisited at some time (maybe 10 past 10) but probably not, but at some time in the future (possibly) who knows...........

No comments:

Post a Comment